Fashion is a global industry worth $2.4 trillion, employing around 50 million people, and is said to be one of the world’s most polluting industries.
Fashion has the power to make positive change, re-imagining currently damaging systems.
Get an introduction to sustainable fashion design, research and business practice, with this course from London College of Fashion’s Centre for Sustainable Fashion, supported by luxury fashion group Kering.
On this course, you’ll explore key sustainability issues, agendas and contexts associated with luxury fashion.
By the end of the Fashion and Sustainability - Understanding Luxury Fashion in a Changing World course from London School of Fashion by FutureLearn , you'll be able to:
- Discuss the complex nature of sustainability through the introduction to materials sourcing for luxury fashion; informed decision making; and creative realisation of ideas.
- Apply understanding of fashion & sustainability knowledge and reflection to your practice through manifesto creation and design thinking processes.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of key sustainability agendas, issues and contexts associated with luxury fashion design, production and consumption.
- Debate current and emerging perspectives, design approaches and business strategies relevant to the contexts of planetary boundaries and human equality.
- Develop innovative approaches to fashion that can contribute to ecological resilience and thriving societies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Week 1 - Why Sustainability in Fashion?
- Week 2 - Contextualising Sustainability for a Changing World
- Week 3 - Material Dimensions: Sourcing for luxury fashion
- Week 4 - Informed Decision Making: Tools and methods
- Week 5 - Creative Possibilities
- Week 6 - Creative Realisation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 196 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is aimed at those working in fashion, fashion education, and those with an interest in sustainability in the fashion industry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
Extra Benefits: From $59
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.