Line managers play an important role in organisations, from the day-to-day management of people to the implementation of company policy.
Naturally, the journey to becoming a line manager can be challenging and new managers are often left feeling overwhelmed.
You’ll learn about best practice processes in recruitment and induction, and identify market trends that will impact your organisation.
You’ll also discover how to develop teams and individuals, and manage good workplace performance.
By the end of the People Management Skills course from CIPD by FutureLearn, you'll be able to:
- Explore elements of managing absence and supporting employees returning to work
- Assess the current labour market conditions and trends for your organisation
- Explore good practice in both recruitment and induction
- Describe effective ways of developing both teams and individuals
- Explore approaches to managing good workplace performance
- Describe ways to address shortfalls in performance
- Discuss the need to maintain a healthy workforce
- Reflect on your own management style
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Overview of approaches to management
- Introduction to the labour market and recruitment processes
- Learning and development for individuals and teams
- Introduction to performance management and appraisals
- Managing absence
- Overview of well-being at work
- 35 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Management, Organisation & Leadership Corporate Communication View 7 other Short Courses in Corporate Communication in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for new and aspiring people managers (line managers).
- It may also be of interest to small to medium-sized organisations that do not have the support of an HR function.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 35 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 35 days.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $39. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.