By developing good knowledge of the GDPR and understanding how it affects you, you will learn about the first steps for making your organisation compliant and can immediately start taking them. You will explore data subjects’ rights, data controllers’ and processors’ obligations, and enforcement and compliance notions in the context of the Regulation.
By the end of the Understanding the GDPR course from University of Groningen by FutureLearn, you'll be able to:
- Identify the main positions of the GDPR, including key concepts, principles and data protection roles.
- Explore rights of data subjects and their relevance in daily life.
- Investigate obligations of data controllers and processors and related steps that need to be taken for complying with the GDPR.
- Evaluate enforcement and compliance mechanisms and international data transfers under the GDPR.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to data protection and the GDPR
- Rights of data subjects
- Obligations of controllers and processors
- GDPR enforcement and compliance
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data IT Security View 26 other Short Courses in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The course is specifically developed for professionals working for companies, public authorities and bodies, students, and anyone who wishes to know more about data protection and the GDPR, especially those handling personal data.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $89. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.