Learn how to establish policies, programs, and procedures that resolve legal or staffing issues, advise managers, create training programs and provide a wide variety of other support for your organization and its most valuable resource. Use special projects, case studies, and role-playing opportunities to dig deep into areas of particular interest to your professional or company environment with this Professional Certificate in Human Resources Management at the University of California, Riverside .
Created in partnership with SHRM.
What You'll Learn
Examine common issues facing today's employers and the core principles of human resources management, including:
- Supervision and retention of staff
- Employee benefit administration
- Insurance and risk management
- Human resources law
- Labor relations
- Workers' compensation
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of industries all over the world, and can be found in private companies, government or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
- Human Resources Manager
- Labor Relations Coordinator
- Payroll Manager
- Staffing Manager
- If you are a professional preparing for a management-level position, you will benefit from this program as well.
- Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA), which maintains districts in Riverside, Temecula and Coachella Valley
- Inland Empire Chapter of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Resources Management
- Labor and Employee Relations
- Employee Recruitment, Selection and Retention
- Compensation Administration
Ideally suited for those who may already have human resources-related responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Human resources managers
- Lead supervisors
- Operations managers
- Staffing agencies
- Consultants and others who commonly work with staff in union or non-union environments.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- All applications must be received 12 days prior to the program start date.
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management View 47 other Short Courses in Human Resource Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school education or equivalent
- English Proficiency: TOEFL 550; 80iBT / IELTS 6.5 / Duolingo 100
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3675 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3675 USD for the full programme during 9 months.
National3675 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3675 USD for the full programme during 9 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.