Develop professional skills to respond to and prevent cyberattacks and crimes
Cyber security is rapidly evolving, and professionals must keep up-to-date with the complexities of different cyber threats, as well as the different technologies under attack.
On this Cyber Security Operations (Cisco CCNA) Microcredential at The Open University by FutureLearn, you’ll learn how cyber security professionals respond to an imminent, active or recent cyber threat. You’ll explore how to go about resolving attacks and how to complete legal investigations of any potential cybercrime.
You’ll develop skills in this exciting area using up-to-date experience from the internationally recognised Cisco CCNA Cyber Security operations certification.
What skills will you learn?
- Network concepts
- Security concepts
- Host-based security analysis
- Security monitoring
- Attack methods
- Endpoint threat analysis and computer forensics
- Network intrusion analysis
- Incident response
- Data and event analysis
- Incident handling
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- Cyber Security Operations (Cisco CCNA)
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Microcredentials with credit are designed to be transferable. You can use the credit as one of the credentials listed on your application form for any university or course, and you can include it on your CV when you apply for a job.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 23 other Short Courses in IT Security in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This microcredential is for anyone who wants to master the many skills required for a career in cyber security, but it’s recommended that you have a good general understanding of computer technology and a technical experience from a computing, IT or industry qualification.
- However, all required skills and foundational knowledge are covered within this microcredential.
- Please note it is essential that you are able to access a device capable of running a virtual machine.
- All teaching is in English, and your proficiency in the language needs to be adequate for postgraduate study.
International859 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 859 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National859 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 859 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.