Get the skills to teach adults online and at a distance.
Many institutions have had to rush to put their teaching online, at an unprecedented scale. Student assessment has also been affected, with many exams cancelled and others moved online, creating uncertainty for all involved.
Regardless of when the pandemic ends, this ‘online pivot’ in education is likely to become permanent as more and more learning opportunities move online. Knowing how to create engaging online courses for adults will be a key skill moving forward, now that distance and online learning are used so widely.
On this Online Teaching - Creating Courses for Adult Learners Microcredential at The Open University by FutureLearn, you’ll discover how adults learn online – and at a distance – drawing on key theories. You’ll evaluate technologies for supporting online and distance learning in specific contexts, drawing on a range of experiences and research to learn how to design engaging and inspiring online courses successfully.
What skills will you learn?
- Designing online learning activities
- Designing online assessment
- Supporting diverse learners online
- Teaching online
- Selecting learning technologies
- Evaluating research evidence
- Developing persuasive arguments
- Designing online courses
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- Online learners and educators
- Understanding how people learn online
- Designing for online learning
- Online teaching and learning activities, strategies and techniques
- Working on your assessment
- Open resources, pedagogies and practices
- Equitable, accessible and safe online teaching
- Educator as technologist and innovator
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAdult Education Teaching View 5 other Short Courses in Adult Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To join this microcredential you will ideally have:
- A Bachelors degree or an equivalent level qualification
- Experience of working in education
- A strong interest in teaching and learning
International969 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 969 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National969 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 969 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.