AI is transforming the practice of medicine. It’s helping doctors diagnose patients more accurately, make predictions about patients’ future health, and recommend better treatments.
As an AI practitioner, you have the opportunity to join in this transformation of modern medicine. If you're already familiar with some of the math and coding behind AI algorithms, and are eager to develop your skills further to tackle challenges in the healthcare industry, then this specialization is for you. No prior medical expertise is required!
This AI for Medical Diagnosis program offered by Coursera in partnership with Deeplearning will give you practical experience in applying cutting-edge machine learning techniques to concrete problems in modern medicine:
- In Course 1, you will create convolutional neural network image classification and segmentation models to make diagnoses of lung and brain disorders.
- In Course 2, you will build risk models and survival estimators for heart disease using statistical methods and a random forest predictor to determine patient prognosis.
- In Course 3, you will build a treatment effect predictor, apply model interpretation techniques and use natural language processing to extract information from radiology reports.
These courses go beyond the foundations of deep learning to give you insight into the nuances of applying AI to medical use cases. As a learner, you will be set up for success in this program if you are already comfortable with some of the math and coding behind AI algorithms. You don't need to be an AI expert, but a working knowledge of deep neural networks, particularly convolutional networks, and proficiency in Python programming at an intermediate level will be essential.
If you are relatively new to machine learning or neural networks, we recommend that you first take the Deep Learning Specialization, offered by deeplearning.ai and taught by Andrew Ng.
The demand for AI practitioners with the skills and knowledge to tackle the biggest issues in modern medicine is growing exponentially. Join us in this specialization and begin your journey toward building the future of healthcare.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Disease detection with computer vision
- Evaluating models
- Image segmentation on MRI images
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBiomedicine Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 184 other Short Courses in Machine Learning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Intermediate Level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.