From understanding customer behaviour to designing products and services that meet customer needs – marketing techniques and tools are used to solve management problems in a diverse range of professional contexts.
Whether you work in a commercial or non-commercial industry, as a management professional it’s crucial to understand the value of marketing and its impact on various business functions.
This Business Management - Marketing Principles and Practice Microcredential from The Open University by FutureLearn will introduce you to the core principles of marketing – covering offline and digital perspectives.
Through an exploration of best-practice marketing approaches, you’ll enhance your marketing knowledge, improve your professional decision-making, and adapt your approach to solving business challenges, whatever your role or sector.
What skills will you learn?
- Identifying customers’ motivations and responding to them
- Analysing the environment to identify marketing opportunities
- Establishing effective relationships with stakeholders
- Interpreting and using data to inform marketing decisions
- Managing customers’ willingness to pay
- Developing communication strategies appropriate for your product or service
- Positioning your offer to attract the right customers
- How to build compelling business and personal brands
- Identifying customers’ perceptions of risk & addressing them
- Leveraging relationships with distributors for marketing success
- Differentiating your offer from the competition
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- Welcome to the course
- Marketing in different contexts
- Marketing relationships
- The microenvironment
- Secondary research and the marketing environment
- Why do we buy?
- How do we buy?
- Why we buy in different ways
- Influencing behaviour
- 70 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Microcredentials with credit are designed to be transferable. You can use the credit as one of the credentials listed on your application form for any university or course, and you can include it on your CV when you apply for a job.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marketing Management, Organisation & Leadership View 49 other Short Courses in Marketing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This microcredential is ideal for business professionals who wish to broaden their understanding of marketing and develop knowledge and skills to improve their performance at work.
- This is an introductory level course and no previous knowledge of marketing is required. You do not require any specific experience or qualifications to enrol.
- The course draws on practical examples from many industries and will help you to develop marketing skills that are transferable to a diverse range of sectors and organisations.
International644 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 644 USD for the full programme during 70 days.
National644 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 644 USD for the full programme during 70 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.