In this Algorithms for Battery Management Systems course offered by Coursera - University of Colorado Boulder, you will learn the major functions that must be performed by a battery management system, how lithium-ion battery cells work and how to model their behaviors mathematically, and how to write algorithms (computer methods) to estimate state-of-charge, state-of-health, remaining energy, and available power, and how to balance cells in a battery pack.
- Design equivalent-circuit models for lithium-ion battery cells
- Implement state-of-charge estimators for lithium-ion battery cells
- Understand how lithium-ion battery cells work and basic requirements of battery-management systems
- Implement state-of-health estimators for lithium-ion battery cells
Applied Learning Project
Learners will start with supplied code templates (in the Octave/MATLAB language) to build their own code to simulate lithium-ion battery cells and packs, and to estimate battery cell state-of-charge, state-of-health (capacity and resistance), remaining energy, and available power.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to battery-management systems
- Equivalent Circuit Cell Model Simulation
- Battery State-of-Charge (SOC) Estimation
- Battery State-of-Health (SOH) Estimation
- Battery Pack Balancing and Power Estimation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Technology Management General Engineering & Technology View 21 other Short Courses in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering (or a closely related discipline).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.