Nurture your love for, and understanding of, music with this Developing Your Musicianship Specialization offered by Coursera in partnership with Berklee. Learn the fundamentals of music theory, including major and minor tonalities, chord scales, song forms, and chord qualities.
You’ll also practice training your ear to hear and recognize various intervals, chord progressions, and chord qualities. For the Capstone project, you will directly apply the knowledge you’ve gained to write and perform a short musical composition.
This specialization begins with the basics of music and builds to more advanced concepts, providing you the knowledge you need to improve your skills as a musician.
Applied Learning Project
In the capstone course, you will write and perform a 24-measure musical composition in A A B A song form. This culminating project will combine the skills and knowledge you learn and provides an opportunity for you to demonstrate your growth as a musician.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Your Musicianship
- Musicianship: Chord Charts, Diatonic Chords, and Minor Keys
- Musicianship: Tensions, Harmonic Function, and Modal Interchange
- Developing Your Musicianship: Final Project
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 5 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMusic Liberal Arts View 17 other Short Courses in Liberal Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students may want to have some knowledge of basic music notation and will need access to an instrument, preferably a keyboard or piano.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 5 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 5 months.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.