Through four progressively more difficult SQL projects with data science applications, you will cover topics such as SQL basics, data wrangling, SQL analysis, AB testing, distributed computing using Apache Spark, Delta Lake and more. These topics of the Learn SQL Basics for Data Science Specialization offered by Coursera in partnership with UC Davis will prepare you to apply SQL creatively to analyze and explore data; demonstrate efficiency in writing queries; create data analysis datasets; conduct feature engineering, use SQL with other data analysis and machine learning toolsets; and use SQL with unstructured data sets.
What You Will You Learn
- Use SQL commands to filter, sort, & summarize data; manipulate strings, dates, & numerical data from different sources for analysis
- Assess and create datasets to solve your business questions and problems using SQL
- Use the collaborative Databricks workspace and create an end-to-end pipeline that reads data, transforms it, and saves the result
- Develop a project proposal & select your data, perform statistical analysis & develop metrics, and present your findings & make recommendations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- SQL for Data Science
- Data Wrangling, Analysis and AB Testing with SQL
- Distributed Computing with Spark SQL
- SQL for Data Science Capstone Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
- 5 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 601 other Short Courses in Data Science & Big Data in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Coursera and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- No prior experience required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.