Develop the core skills you need to create your own backable business venture with this The Venture Design - How to Create VC-Backable Business Ventures from Scratch offered from Founders Factory by FutureLearn.
This business venture focused course from the Founders Factory will give aspiring entrepreneurs all the skills you need in order to build your own venture-backed, start-up business in a post COVID-19 world, and help upskill in the wake of widespread business collapse.
You’ll demystify the venture building process and will identify the core skills you need in order to come up with and test new venture business ideas from scratch.
Discover the components and lifecycle of venture backable businesses
After an overview of what makes a successful business venture, you’ll then investigate markets ripe for disruption, explore trends suitable for venture design, and come up with areas where your start-up business can flourish.
Measure the success of your business venture and learn to pitch to investors
You’ll go over your collated ideas, recognising challenges and assumptions early on, and will explore different ‘go to market’ ideas.
You’ll then learn how to validate these assumptions through experiment design and smoke testing, then will learn how to pitch and communicate your ideas effectively in a venture context to potential investors and raise venture capital.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the lifecycle and components of a top Venture Design business
- Investigate markets ripe for disruption
- Explore current trends and focus areas suitable for Venture Design
- Identify several Focus Areas that combine trends and markets that interest you
- Explore different customer segments
- Produce a market map which describes incumbents and challengers, and describes their qualities
- Identify unmet user needs through various methods for your Focus Areas
- Apply ideation techniques in a session to generate ideas for you venture
- Explore how you can flesh out your ideas and learn to differentiate
- Produce a New Venture Canvas with 3 detailed ideas
- Produce an assumption map
- Produce a go-to-market strategy plan
- Identify issues related to timing in your venture
- Summarise the ways in which assumptions can be tested and identify which methods are required to test your idea
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Components and lifecycle of venture backable businesses
- Researching markets and trends
- Human-centered design
- User interviews and surveys
- Ideation and differentiation
- Business models and go-to-market strategies
- How to test and refine your idea
- Creating pitch decks and pitching
- 1 months
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 43 other Short Courses in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is suited to any budding entrepreneurs who are interested in starting their own business or start-up.
- This could include current university students, recent graduates, or professionals looking to change their career, upskill or reskill.
International84 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 84 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
National84 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 84 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.