Learners will develop, analyze and critique algorithmic approaches to digital drawing, modeling, and projection. Specifically, the powerful and robust Python Rhinoscript library will be introduced and explored in detail. This library allows Rhinoceros, the popular 3D graphics and computer-aided design (CAD) modeling software to be scripted with text-based code. Scripting in this manner can automate existing processes and can lead to novel kinds of relationships, and orders of shape and form.
Architects, sculptors, and any artist or designer interested in either fabrication or communication of form and shape will recognize the importance of projection–the the transformation of three-dimensional geometry onto a two-dimensional picture plane, cut sheet, paper, or screen. As a result, the Computing Form and Shape - Python Programming with the Rhinoscript Library course offered by the Kadenze platform focuses not only on the generation of geometry, but the output of geometry.
In parallel to extending learners' technical proficiency, this course will touch on the conceptual and theoretical implications of algorithmic design. Each of the five lessons will build upon each other to develop an understanding of the Python language, algorithmic strategies, and digital geometric craft (the interrelated structures and topologies that make up digital models).
- Ability to incorporate scripting into various digital modeling workflows.
- Ability to create scripts for themselves, and adapt them to function as design tools for others. Students understand the practical implications of thinking and working with algorithms.
- Capacity to program in the Python programming language with an understanding of the Rhinoscript Python library and its documentation.
- Understanding of the geometric foundations of basic Rhino topologies and their relationships to one another via the Rhinoscript library.
- Mastery of the ideas and structures that underpin procedural algorithms common to all programming languages: loops, conditionals, abstraction, and serialized data structures.
- Understanding of the theoretical implications of thinking and working with algorithms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Procedural Points, Python Basics, And Rhinoscript
- Curves Vs. Curvature
- The Depth Of A Surface
- Deconstruction Of Surfaces, The Genesis Of Lines
- The Project Of Projection
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesArchitecture Software Engineering View 15 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Students should be comfortable with Rhinoceros modeling software. No computer programming knowledge is required, though students who are proficient in another programming language or have dabbled in Python will find most of the content new and useful.Software:
- Rhinoceros modeling software (latest build, version 5.x) is required with either an education or professional license on either Mac or Windows operating system.
- If using Mac OS, an external text editor is required.
- A programming-specific text editor is recommended: Komodo Edit or SublimeText are excellent options.
- Rhinoceros is packaged with Iron Python automatically. No additional installation of Python is required.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 USD per year and a duration of .
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 USD per year and a duration of .
- Price: Free
- Certificate: Included w/ premium membership (20 USD/month)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.