The exercises progress from two-dimensional drawings and graphic compositions, to three-dimensional spatial studies, to physical and material investigations. At each step, computational design tools and digital information are used to generate, analyze, prototype architectural design propositions. The exercises can be performed with an array of software, however the course demonstrations make use of Rhino3D and Adobe Illustrator (no prior experience with Rhino and Illustrator is required, in fact, the exercises are structured for students to learn how to deploy these tools from scratch). Regardless of specific software tools, the principles that are introduced and applied in the Fundamentals of Digital Design for Architecture program offered on the Kadenze platform make it suitable for a range of audiences—beginners, as well as professionals who wish to retool their skills in digital design.
- Understanding of different drawing types and produce these drawing types with software.
- Ability to model surface and volume studies digitally as well as physically.
- Understanding of basic computational design concepts, terms, and techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Digital Drawings: Points, Lines, Curves
- Session 1: Line Drivers – Rules-based Drawing with Line Weights
- Session 2: Ordering 2D Modules – Geometric Operations
- Session 3: Algorithmic Field Drawings
- Session 4: Digital Collage Compositions
Digital Modeling: Volume, Surface, Space
- Session 1: Ordering 3D Modules
- Session 2: Aggregating Modules
- Session 3: Breaking the Cube
- Session 4: Interlocking Spatial Systems
Digital to Physical: Repetition + Difference: Component-to-System Relationships
- Session 1: Parametric Thinking
- Session 2: Materializing Components
- Session 3: Component Phylogram
- Session 4: Immersive Spatial Component System
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Graphic Design View 15 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prior Knowledge: Prior knowledge of Rhino3D, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop is helpful, but not required.
- Materials: Textbook: Johnson and Vermillion (2016), Digital Design Exercises for Architecture Students, Routledge.
- Equipment: Computer
- Software: Rhino 3D, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
International500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 500 USD for the full programme and a duration of .
National500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 500 USD for the full programme and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.