You’ll learn why cyber security is important, studying real-life examples of malware attacks. You’ll also explore key defenses, such as ransomware protection and how to guard against social engineering attacks. This will be strengthened by best practices, such as password policy and mobile data security policy.
The last half of this Cyber Security Foundations - Start Building Your Career in Cyber Defense course at FutureLearn focuses on identity and access management. This will help you control access to sensitive information, to support data security and cyber resilience.
Key skills you will learn
- Data protection
- Virus recovery
- Identity and access management
- Cyber security
- Data security
- Malware protection
- Ransomware protection
- Virus protection
- Building cyber resilience
- IT security
- IT management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cyber Security Foundations: Why Cyber Security is Important
- Cyber Security Foundations: Common Malware Attacks and Defense Strategies
- Cyber Security Foundations: Identity and Access Management
This cyber security ExpertTrack is aimed at IT professionals who want to protect their organization from cyber attacks. If you want to understand why cyber security is important, and how to build cyber resilience, this ExpertTrack is for you.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data IT Security Cyber Security View 22 other Short Courses in Cyber Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This ExpertTrack is designed for IT professionals who want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of cyber security . It would also suit those with oversight of IT teams or responsibility for data security.
- Learners will benefit from having some professional experience within IT, but are not expected to be cyber security specialists. This ExpertTrack is designed as an introduction to cyber security.
- There are no formal entry requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 4 months.
National43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 4 months.
Tuition per month.
Price range in different currencies: £36 / $39 / €36
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.