Over the five courses in this ExpertTrack, you will have the chance to familiarise yourself with the security controls used to prevent, detect, and recover from security violations at different stages of the system’s life cycle.
You’ll understand how these controls are implemented, and learn how to apply formal analysis techniques to check if systems meet the necessary security standards.
In the first Information Security Design and Development course at FutureLearn, you will discover the importance of secure system design and how a security-first mindset can improve the software development process. You’ll learn how to examine security in the software development life cycle and discuss the legal and ethical aspects of secure systems.
Key skills you will learn
- Software analysis
- Software testing
- Implementing secure systems
- Secure system development
- Secure design principles
- Detecting system threats
- Preventing system threats
- Software development
- How Cyber Security Affects the Software Development Life Cycle
- Secure System Analysis and Design
- Security System and Application Development
- System Security Testing and Maintenance
- Current Issues in Secure Development
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems Software Engineering View 9 other Short Courses in Business Information Systems in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course has been created for learners with a strong understanding of cyber security, software development, or CS - professional experience may be useful in understanding the underlying concepts, and a relevant degree is recommended to ensure that you benefit from this ExpertTrack.
International43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 2 months.
National43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 2 months.
Tuition per month.
Price range in different currencies: £36 / $39 / €36
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.