You’ll discover how, as a UX designer, you can add value to a business at all levels and play a critical role in driving customer engagement by conducting user research, building personas, developing business models, creating wireframes and building prototypes.
And you’ll learn how to put yourself at the core of both designing new products from first principles and the continuous improvement of existing offerings.
More UX designers are required to display UI (user interface) skills. So how does UI design relate to the wider field of UX?
You’ll find out how to incorporate visual design with interaction design, and how these ‘micro’ elements exist within the big-picture ‘macro’ world of UX.
Key skills you will learn during the UX Design Fundamentals course at FutureLearn
- User experience design
- User interface design
- Building prototypes
- Creating wireframes
- Design thinking
- Business model design
- Customer profile mapping
- Customer value mapping
- Research skills
- User personas
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- UX Design Fundamentals: User Experience Design Fundamentals
- UX Design Fundamentals: Design Thinking and Ideation
- UX Design Fundamentals: Management and the Business Model Canvas for UX Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesGraphic Design User Experience Design View 5 other Short Courses in User Experience Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This ExpertTrack will give you foundational knowledge and skills needed to successfully implement design thinking practices and principles grounded in UX design to help drive business forward.
- You’ll learn to apply this knowledge to develop a user-centered business model design and value proposition design.
- No prior experience is required to succeed in this ExpertTrack.
- During the ExpertTrack we’ll be using Canva.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 3 months.
National43 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43 USD per module during 3 months.
Tuition per month.
Price range in different currencies: £36 / $39 / €36
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.