HR professionals look after the greatest creators of value (and risk) in organisations: their people.On this HR Fundamentals at FutureLearn , you’ll get an introduction to the practice of HR, and develop skills you need as an HR professional.You’ll learn how HR helps organisations achieve business goals and strategic objectives.You’ll explore the basic principles of workforce planning, employee recruitment and retention.
Finally, you’ll find out about performance management, and how to support people in achieving goals.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe HR Professionalism and demonstrate an understanding of its importance to people and organisations
- Apply basic principles of workforce planning, including recruitment and retention
- Demonstrate understanding of performance management and how to get the best out of people
- Describe the role of HR in supporting an organisation in meeting its strategy and objectives
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- What HR means
- HR practice
- People and strategy
- Performance, engagement, reward and recognition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 35 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Human Resource Management View 24 other Short Courses in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This course is aimed at new and aspiring HR professionals, but may also be of interest to people responsible for people operations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 35 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 35 days.
Upgrade$59Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.