The COVID-19 pandemic means that many potential vet students cannot undertake animal handling work experience.
On this Virtual Work Experience and Exploring the Veterinary Profession at FutureLearn , you’ll get insight into the reality of life as a vet so that you can make an informed decision before embarking on a veterinary degree course.
You’ll learn about the structure of veterinary practice and the different governing bodies, as well as discover the day to day challenges a vet might face.
You’ll also explore the different roles available outside of general practice and find out the great opportunities such a degree can bring.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the history of the veterinary profession
- Summarise the organisation of the veterinary profession
- Describe how to become a veterinary surgeon, what it involves and the time it takes
- Discuss the roles of the wider veterinary team
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Roles of the Wider Veterinary Team
- Work Experience and Reflection
- What is it really like being a vet?
- Regulation and expectations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine View 22 other Short Courses in Veterinary Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for students considering a degree in veterinary medicine and science.
- The course will also benefit anyone considering a role within the wider veterinary team.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 14 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 14 days.
Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.