Anxiety and depression are terms discussed widely, in different media and amongst family and friends. But what do those labels actually mean?
On this Understanding Anxiety, Depression and CBT at University of Reading by FutureLearn , you will explore what it means to have anxiety or depression and how they are identified. The course will also demonstrate the leading evidence-based treatment–Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
It’s important to emphasise that this course is not intended to be a self-help treatment for anyone experiencing anxiety or depression, nor can it be used to formally diagnose yourself or anyone else
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Making sense of the world around us
- Understanding depression and the CBT approach
- Understanding anxiety and the CBT approach
- Tackling the 'B' in CBT: Addressing unhelpful behaviours in anxiety and depression
- Tackling the 'C' in CBT: Addressing unhelpful thinking in anxiety and depression
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 35 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 138 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This beginner’s course is aimed at anyone with an interest in mental illness generally, and anxiety and depression in particular. This may include:
• those who are currently experiencing or have previously experienced emotional difficulties,
• family and friends of those who are experiencing emotional difficulties,
• primary (or other) healthcare professionals who have a frontline role in detecting mental health difficulties and offering appropriate support and guidance to those affected.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 35 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 35 days.
Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.