With increased migration and refugee flows, most teachers are encountering increasingly diverse students in their mainstream classrooms. This course is designed for teachers at all levels, working with language learners across the curriculum.
TESOL Strategies - Supporting ESL Students in Mainstream Classrooms at FutureLearn will give you new insight into the different aspects of language, the language learning process and the demands of different curricular areas. It will enable you to enrich your daily practice to ensure the needs of the language learners are met.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- What does language involve and what does language learning involves?
- What kind of pedagogies can support the language learner in content lessons?
- How can I develop speaking and listening skills for my ESL learners in my mainstream classroom?
- How can I develop reading and writing skills for my ESL learners in my mainstream classroom?
- How can I enrich my feedback and classroom talk to better help the language learner?
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 63 other Short Courses in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Practising teachers, both primary and secondary, offering English medium instruction in schools. An initial teaching qualification, or experience working in English medium classrooms, is desirable.
While the Educators themselves aren’t available to facilitate this run, we encourage you to engage with other learners and there are opportunities to do this throughout the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 21 days.
Upgrade$59Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.