Domestic violence is a global health issue that can take many forms and affect anyone.
Health and social care professionals play an important role in recognising and helping victims of violent and abusive relationships.
You’ll reflect on the impact of domestic violence and understand your responsibilities as a health or social care worker.
By the end of this course, you’ll feel more confident to help support domestic violence victims and survivors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Gender and gender role expectations
- Forms of domestic violence and abuse (DVA)
- The prevalence of DVA around the world
- Factors that influence violence
- The impact on victims, families and children
- Recognising signs and symptoms of DVA
- Talking to victims
- Safety planning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 22 other Short Courses in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for health and social care professionals, including nurses, doctors, family support workers, and community workers.
- The course will also appeal to lawyers, school teachers, police, and anyone familiar with victims of domestic violence.
- This course has been designed to help practitioners who work with victims of domestic violence and abuse to provide effective support. We regret that we are unable to provide direct support to victims in this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Upgrade$59Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.