Poor diet and poor mental health are the leading causes of mortality and morbidity worldwide. We now know that diet quality is a modifiable factor that is linked to mental and brain health across all stages of our lives.
We will explore how our daily diets may affect our mental and brain health, including the role of our immune system and gut microbiome.
Food and Mood - Improving Mental Health Through Diet and Nutrition at FutureLearn will provide research evidence, practical examples, skills development, and collaboration on dietary intake assessment, strategies and resource sharing for dietary change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- The relationship between diet/nutrition and mental and brain health
- Factors influencing diet, nutrition and mental health
- Dietary styles, behaviours, guidelines and assessment
- The role of inflammation and gut microbiota for mental health
- How diet can be optimised for mental and brain health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Food Sciences View 105 other Short Courses in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for anyone with an interest, or with experience of, good or bad mental health.
- This course will also be of interest to healthcare practitioners working with people with mental and brain health issues or in roles related to diet, nutrition and mental and brain health education.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.