Are you a master’s student or a professional new to international law and relations? On Human Rights and International Criminal Law - An Introduction at FutureLearn , you will build your understanding of human rights law, international criminal law, and how the two concepts relate to each other.
You will learn the core principles of human rights and how they have influenced international criminal law. You will discover the extent international criminal law has met the expectation of victims of human right violations. You will also look at what individuals and governments have done to prioritise human rights in fighting international crime.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- The parallel development of human rights law (HRL) and International criminal law (ICL)
- HRL and ILC courts: mapping the respective competencies and tasks
- Where do HRL and ICL converge or conflict? Limits, opportunities and challenges of prosecuting mass human rights violations
- A gender-sensitive human rights perspective on ICL
- Children’s rights and ICL prosecutions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 17 other Short Courses in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This course is for master’s students in international law and international relations, professionals, human rights activists and NGO officers looking to explore this area of international law studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 1 months.
Upgrade$59Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- Access to this course’s tests as well as a print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.