Learn how to have a basic conversation in Norwegian with this Norwegian for Beginners 1 course from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) by FutureLearn
For anyone moving to Norway to live or work, learning the Norwegian language is key to integrating into Norwegian life.
On this course, you’ll learn the basics of Norwegian. You’ll start by finding out how to introduce yourself and others. You’ll learn how to say where you live and describe where you are from.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply very basic knowledge about grammatical rules of inflection and word order in Norwegian
- Develop very basic communication skills in Norwegian
- Improve and learn basic vocabulary of Norwegian everyday language
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Week 1: Introducing yourself, simple statements
- Week 2: Simple statements and questions, simple negative statements, basic travel vocabulary and numbers
- Week 3: Asking for information, furniture, days of the week, time expressions
- Week 4: Asking for directions, further time expressions
- 30 days
- 5 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 56 other Short Courses in Language Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The course is aimed at English speakers who want to learn Norwegian.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $59
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.