In this Supporting Physical Development in Early Childhood course from Public Health England by FutureLearn you will discover the benefits of physical activity for children and babies.
On this course, you’ll discover the importance of physical activity for young children’s overall development.
As you explore the holistic health and developmental benefits of physical activity, you’ll learn low cost, effective ways of ensuring babies and young children meet the 180 minutes per day of recommended activity.
You’ll find out how physical activity can improve child mental health and wellbeing, as well as contribute to the prevention of childhood obesity.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the importance of movement skills to the overall health, wellbeing and development of young children
- Explore the relationship between physical growth and development
- Describe the body systems and their relationship to moving and learning
- Describe the relationship between movement skills/language and communication skills/literacy
- Identify the appropriate physical/movement activities for each age and stage of development from 0–5 yrs
- Explore how parents and practitioners can work together to support the physical development of all children
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- Growth and physical development of babies and young children
- The relationship between physical development and other areas of development
- Why physical development should be supported
- Factors that can impact supporting babies and young children’s physical development – challenges and solutions
- Supporting physical development through indoor and outdoor play and activities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Early Childhood Education View 51 other Short Courses in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The course is designed for adults involved in caring for or educating babies and young children.
As well as being aimed at practitioners in the workforce, the course will give adults, including parents, who are involved in the care and education of babies and young children the opportunity to access evidence-based research.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $89
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.