Coaching can strengthen your ability to support others to reach their goals.
Coaching draws on positive psychology and, more recently, neuroscience to help people understand how to stay on track and reach their goals within an educational context.
On this Coaching in Education - Addressing the Need for Deep Communication course from Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) by FutureLearn , you will be introduced to coaching as an approach to personal learning and how to be a trustful, motivating, and goal-oriented colleague.
In a society where new policy and technology, as well as pandemics and disasters, change the way education is organized and run, the ability to adapt to changing life-situations is a prerequisite for success.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on your own communication skills: listening, questioning and awareness.
- Explore how developing skills in communication can support you and others in achieving goals.
- Discuss how coaching can be implemented to foster change in Education and private lives.
- Describe issues that you have experienced in educational leadership, and that you would like to change.
- Apply the GROW-model in coaching to help people reach their goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- Week 1: Introduction to listening skills
- Week 2: Awareness of core principles in coaching
- Week 3: Introduction to questioning skills
- Week 4: Using the GROW-model
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Coaching View 63 other Short Courses in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for teachers and people in management positions in education, including school leaders, headmasters and school owners.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $59
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.