Learn evidence-based skills for teaching phonics to young children.
Intentionally and explicitly teaching the relationship between letters and sounds through play-based pedagogies is a crucial part of children’s literacy development. There is much popular debate surrounding this topic, amongst researchers, teachers, parents and education authorities.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe code-related literacy, including phonics, phonemic awareness and phonological awareness
- Explain why teaching and learning code-related literacy is important
- Identify an appropriate strategy for teaching code-related literacy in early childhood settings
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- What is code-related literacy?
- What is phonics?
- Why is phonics important in early childhood settings?
- What are some evidence-based strategies for teaching phonics?
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
- 1 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Early Childhood Education View 9 other Short Courses in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This is a general, introductory course aimed at anyone supporting children to prepare for school, including parents, educators and workers in early childhood education and care (ECEC), centre directors, early primary school teachers, and education leaders.
- Know the content and how to teach it
- Engage in professional learning
- Engage professionally with colleagues
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $59
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.