Topics are: types of data, location and variability measures, samples and populations, distributions, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, comparing two or more means or proportions (parametric and non-parametric methods), and relationships between two variables (correlation, simple linear regression). The Classical Methods in Data Analysis course from Utrecht University also includes an extensive discussion of the multiple linear regression model. This is an ideal course for anyone who wishes to further his medical education by getting a better understanding of data analysis.
By the end of the course you will...
- have insight in the √n law and its consequences for sample size
- have insight in the general principles of decision procedures (“testing”), and be able to apply these procedures in practice using common statistical packages (SPSS, R)
- understand the principles of the following statistical analysis techniques: Student T tests (1-sample, 2-sample and paired), Analysis of Variance (1-way and 2-way ANOVA), Simple and multiple linear regression analysis, 1-sample, 2-sample and paired proportion tests (χ 2 test for goodness-of-fit, Pearson’s χ 2 test and McNemar’s χ 2 test)
- know in which situations these techniques can be applied and the conditions that should be met to obtain reliable results using these techniques
- be able to apply these techniques using common statistical packages (SPSS, R)
- have insight in the Kolmogorov Smirnov test (normal distribution) and the Fisher test for equality of variances and be able to apply these tests in practice using common statistical packages (SPSS, R)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Types of data
- Location and variability measures
- Samples and populations
- Confidence intervals
- Hypothesis testing
- Comparing two or more means or proportions (parametric and non-parametric methods)
- Relationships between two variables (correlation, simple linear regression).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
- 14 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Enrollment deadline 26 Apr, 22 Nov
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 14 other Short Courses in Computer Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enroll in this course you need:
- A BSc degree
- To have participated in an introductory statistics course
- A sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1685 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1685 EUR for the full programme during 3 months.
EU/EEA1685 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1685 EUR for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.