A clinical trial is an exceedingly important instrument in the assessment of treatment efficacy. With regard to clinical trials, the emphasis will be on methodological principles and on the clinical practice of therapeutic experiments.
The accent is on proper formulation of the research problem with a view to clinical and regulatory relevance of the study results, and on requirements for validity in non-experimental research.The Clinical Trials and Drug Risk Assessment course from Utrecht University provides a thorough medical education into the field of clinical trials, covering the principles of therapeutic research design, including design of study, design of data collection, design of data analysis, including some modelling techniques in the analysis to clinical trials, and the interpretation of its results. The program also touches on the principles of drug risk assessment in the context of therapeutic research.
Programme StructureBy the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the basic design principles of a randomized controlled trial
- Describe specialized design options for a randomized controlled trial
- Apply the basic principles of data analysis of a randomized controlled trial
- Describe the principles of advanced data analysis of a randomized controlled trial
- Explain the principles of drug risk assessment and how to evaluate potential side effects of medication
- State common practical issues in the conduct of a randomized controlled trial and suitable solutions
- 21 days
- 14 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Investment View 16 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enroll in this course you need:
- A BSc degree in the (bio)medical field
- Sufficient understanding of epidemiology, statistics and data analysis. Elevate courses offering this knowledge include Introduction to Epidemiology, Study Design in Etiologic Research and Clinical Epidemiology
- Programming skills and knowledge are preferred
International1030 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1030 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEA1030 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1030 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.