Furthermore, the Advanced Diagnostic Research course from Utrecht University will widen the horizon by proposing modern methods of diagnostic research and data analysis in which a patient’s test result can and should be considered in the context of other patient characteristics or test results. These methods enable:
- direct estimation of individual probabilities of disease presence based on all diagnostic information and
- evaluation of the extent to which a particular diagnostic test has true added value in the clinical context.
Also, conventional and advanced methods for systematic reviews of diagnostic tests will be presented.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureAt the end of this course, you'll should be able to:
- Describe the principles and design of primary diagnostic studies
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches in primary diagnostic studies
- Describe the validity aspects of primary diagnostic studies
- Describe the methods for data collection in the different study designs of primary diagnostic studies
- Explain the differences between different design and analytical approaches in primary diagnostic studies
- Name the different measures of diagnostic value or accuracy that can be calculated from primary diagnostic studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 14 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Enrollment deadline 22 Nov
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Educational Research View 9 other Short Courses in Educational Research in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Software program R, which is available for free, will be needed during the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International870 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEA870 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.