The Playwriting - An Introduction (online) programme is offered by The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
Meeting either twice a week for four weeks or once a week for eight weeks, these eight intensive lessons are an exciting opportunity to work with an established playwright to explore the fundamentals of writing a play.
- Finding your idea
- Creating a structured plot
- Developing a character
- Creating dramatic action
- Writing effective dialogue
- Finding and nurturing your voice as a writer
- Gain a practical understanding of the playwriting process
- How to submit work to theatre companies and publishers
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Theatre & Dance View 23 other Short Courses in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum age is 18 on the first day of the course. There is no upper age limit.
- Anyone who is new to playwriting
- Actors who would like to write a show
- Anyone who has some playwriting experience but would like to refine and workshop their ideas
International275 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 275 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
National275 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 275 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.