Employability is at the heart of this course, and throughout your studies you will develop a range of skills in research, time management, communication and critical analysis, while growing your knowledge about the key principles, theories and methods within the discipline.
The topics you will cover include:
- the history and philosophy of psychological inquiry
- critical milestones in human development through infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and late adulthood
- the main qualitative and quantitative research methods used for data collection and analysis
- the application of critical ideas to contemporary psychological and socio-political issues drawn from discursive, feminist and racially/culturally aware approaches
If you find the course beneficial, you can choose to continue your studies after you complete the course by progressing onto our PG Dip or full Masters in psychology.
An education in psychology can be useful in a wide array of fields, including counselling, marketing, the civil service, healthcare and the legal system.
You can also pursue further education in psychology in order to enter one of the many career paths within the field, such as investigative and forensic psychology, neuroscience, healthcare, clinical roles, child development and education, sports, exercise and occupational psychology. This Psychology course from University of Essex Online will also be beneficial within academia, research or training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Principles of Psychological Enquiry
- Human Development over the Lifespan
- Research Methods
- Critical Social Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
University of Essex Online have regular intakes throughout the year – apply now and you could start your course soon!
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Cognitive Sciences View 6 other Short Courses in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Cert Psychology, you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Cert Psychology, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least 3 years’ experience (voluntary or paid) within a relevant field, supported by 2 appropriate references. A relevant field may include one in Health, Mental Health, Social services, Counselling services, Schools and Education, Policing, Data analysis and Statistics. This is not an exhaustive list and will be reviewed on an individual basis by the academic team.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3945 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3945 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
National3945 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3945 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.