Despite organ donation being hugely important there is currently limited training for healthcare workforce regarding the complex issues around organ and tissue donation. This course aims to change that.
On Organ Donation - The Essentials for Healthcare Professionals at St George's, University of London by FutureLearn , created in collaboration with the NHS Blood and Transplant service, you will learn about the basic principles and processes involved in organ donation from the legal aspects, to types of donation, to the importance of communication with families.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criteria for donation
- Legal and ethical issues around organ donation
- The role of the Specialist Nurse in Organ Donation
- Donations after Death by Neurological Criteria (Brainstem Death) or Circulatory Death
- Checking donor suitability
- The organ retrieval process
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
- 2 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 269 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for Specialist Nurses in Organ Donation (SNODs), and healthcare professionals such as nurses and doctors of all levels of experience who wish to either update their knowledge or improve their awareness of the subject, for personal or CPD reasons. It will also be useful for students training to become healthcare professionals.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $89. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.