You'll become able to make sense of the strategies of the organisations around you and strategic decision making. This Strategic Management module at The Open University UK will also show how you can have an active role in the analysis of strategic contexts and in shaping and implementing strategy.
The focus on developing academic and professional skills closely reflects the Quality Assurance Agency's benchmark statement expectations for business studies and clearly expresses the module's intention to enhance the employability of its students. Although it has a significant theoretical component, the module's emphasis on practical application of strategic models also supports employability across a range of sectors.
- Block 1: You’ll be introduced to key concepts in strategy and strategic management. There is much debate on what strategy is and you’ll learn different definitions and develop a clear understanding of what comprises strategic choices for organisations.
- Block 2:You’ll examine the implications of the external and internal environments for strategy. The external analysis considers how external forces and competition in industry influence organisations and their strategic choices.
- Block 3:In this block, attention turns to examining business and competitive strategies and how they influence how organisations conduct their business.
- Block 4:You’ll look at strategy at a corporate level and covers where strategic decision making takes place.
- Block 5:You’ll identify and assess the challenges and barriers in implementing strategies as you learn how to put strategy into practice by aligning its formulation and implementation.
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStrategic Management View 72 other Short Courses in Strategic Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This module makes as few assumptions as possible about what you already know about business or about your experience of formal academic study. However, as this is an OU level 3 module and if you have no previous experience of studying business, it is strongly recommended that you first study An introduction to business and management (B100) and Shaping business opportunities (B207).
International3228 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3228 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
National3228 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3228 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.