The Global Risk Analysis and Crisis Management course at the Brussels School of Governance is taught by a renowned faculty of senior officials from major international organisations (such as the European Union, NATO and the United Nations), NGOs as well as leading security scholars.
It allows participants to gain in-depth knowledge and a wide range of practical tools for identifying and analysing global security risks and advancing effective responses to humanitarian, military and political ‘complex crises’.
Building Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of major forms of risks
- Tools for global conflict and risk analysis
- Open Source Intelligence
- Fundamentals of Early Warning
- Crisis Communication
- Cyber Security
- Understanding the Crisis Cycle
- Advancing comprehensive responses to man-made and natural disasters
- Practical preparations for a mission in a crisis situation
- Coping with crises under stress
- Best practices and lessons learned from major actors in the field
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Risks, Grasping Uncertainty
- Analysing Risks, Preparing for Uncertainty
- Open Source Intelligence: Tools and Techniques
- A New Information Environment: Media, Conflict and Crisis Communication
Global Crisis Monitoring, Conflict Analysis & Early Warning
- 4 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Only feedback on assignments and exams
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesRisk Management Terrorism & Security Cyber Security
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate is highly selective. Candidates should have a Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree plus the equivalent of 3 years’ work experience.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.