Volunteers are often asked to take part in medical research in order to improve the health and well being of other people, now and in the future. However noble the aim, this raises many ethical questions.
How can we ensure that participants give their genuinely informed consent? What should be provided to control groups during clinical trials? How can we weigh the risks and benefits of various studies? How can we ensure scientific integrity in research? When should we conduct research with vulnerable populations, such as children and people in low- and middle-income countries? How should we interpret the Tuskegee syphilis study from a historical perspective?
- Discern the morally salient dimensions of a research project, and come to a well-considered judgment about the acceptability of such a project
- Reflect on moral dilemmas for researchers and Research Ethics Committees, and be able to systematically analyze such dilemmas
- Weigh the various arguments involved, and work towards a well-reasoned position or decision
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research ethics
- Informed consent and the ethics of randomized clinical trials
- Risk-benefit assessment and the role of ethics committees
- Scientific integrity
- Vulnerable groups: children and participants in developing countries
- Biobanks, stem cells and genetic research ethics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 7 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Enrollment deadline 1 Nov
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 5 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enroll in this course, you need:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International435 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 435 EUR for the full programme during 42 days.
EU/EEA435 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 435 EUR for the full programme during 42 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.