- In this course you will discover the elements of the functional programming style and learn how to apply them usefully in your daily programming tasks. You will also develop a solid foundation for reasoning about functional programs, by touching upon proofs of invariants and the tracing of execution symbolically.
- The course is hands on; most units introduce short programs that serve as illustrations of important concepts and invite you to play with them, modifying and improving them. The course is complemented by a series programming projects as homework assignments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- understand the principles of functional programming,
- write purely functional programs, using recursion,
- pattern matching, and higher-order functions,
- combine functional programming with objects and classes,
- design immutable data structures,
- reason about properties of functions,
- understand generic types for functional programs.
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.