Students must complete six core classes and two electives to earn the certificate in Construction Supervision with an emphasis in either Civil Sitework or Building. All classes should be completed within two years of starting the program.
- Construction supervision requires a wide variety of skills including: people skills (effective leadership, accident prevention, and clear communication), technical skills (planning, scheduling, cost control, and productivity improvements), and management skills (project management, contract and document comprehension, and complex problem-solving).
- The Professional Certificate in Construction Supervision at San Diego State University is a variation on the popular AGC Supervisory Training Program with added material such as web tours, expanded topic studies, and group problem-solving sessions that address common industry issues.
- This online program provides the flexibility to study anytime and anywhere, and students have an entire week to complete each assignment. (Students should dedicate about five hours per week, per class.) Courses do not need to be taken in any particular order and there are no prerequisites. Students should self-assess whether they have the construction background necessary for this program.
- Leadership and Motivation
- Oral and Written Communication
- Problem Solving and Risk Management
- Contract Documents and Construction Law
- Planning and Scheduling
- Construction Productivity and Cost Management
- Construction Equipment and Methods
- Practical Applications of Civil Sitework
- Building Green Buildings: The Contractor's Perspective
- Construction Project Management
- 5 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 10 other Short Courses in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Scans of Official Transcripts
- Personal Information Form
- Writing Sample
International5520 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5520 USD for the full programme during 5 months.
National5520 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5520 USD for the full programme during 5 months.