The aim is to provide you with the knowledge to evaluate and assess applied clinical research and data analyses, and give you sufficient scientific and methodological background information to actively participate in clinical studies.
During the Clinical Epidemiology course from Utrecht University, you will focus on questions of diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and etiology. Several research options are available to help you address these questions, including intervention trials and case-control studies using data obtained in a clinical setting.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Define, explain and apply the basic terminology and principles specific to clinical epidemiology
- Differentiate between the different aspects of clinical epidemiological research (diagnostic / etiologic / prognostic / therapeutic)
- Principles of applied clinical research
- Study design and analysis of diagnostic and prognostic research
- Study design and analysis of comparative (clinical) experimental and non-experimental studies
- 21 days
- 14 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEpidemiology View 7 other Short Courses in Epidemiology in Netherlands
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enroll in this course, you need:
- A BSc degree in biomedical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, medical education or veterinary medicine, or a comparable degree
- Basic knowledge of epidemiological and statistical data analysis. Elevate courses offering this knowledge include Introduction to Epidemiology and Introduction to Statistics. You will also need to have basic knowledge of study designs in order to fully understand the assignments and content of this course. If you lack this knowledge or want to check your current knowledge, we recommend that you read chapters 7, 8, 9 and 10 of the book 'Principles and Methods of Clinical Epidemiology'. This is not included in the time investment of this course.
- Sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
International515 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 515 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEA515 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 515 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.