The Modern Methods in Data Analysis course from Utrecht University will begin with an introduction to likelihood theory, using simple examples and a minimum of mathematics. You will then move to learning about the most important regression models used in medical research. These include logistic regression, Poisson regression, analysis of event history data, and the Cox proportional hazards regression model. In addition, you will become familiar with model validation and regression diagnostics, as well as with the basic principles of re-sampling methods and longitudinal data analysis.
The course is aimed at professionals who are interested in to learn more about statistics for medical research. However, a medical education is not a requirement to successfully participate in this course.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the principles of the likelihood theory and maximum likelihood methods
- Explain the principles of the following statistical analysis techniques: Logistic regression analysis, Poisson regression analysis, Analysis of event history data, including the Cox proportional hazards regression model
- Explain model validation and regression diagnostics
- Describe the basic principles of longitudinal data analysis
- Apply the above-mentioned techniques using common statistical packages (e.g. SPSS or R)
- Name the situations in which these techniques can be applied and the conditions that should be met to obtain reliable results using these techniques
- Explain and interpret the results obtained with these techniques, and apply these results in practice (e.g. to answer a research question)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear models
- Likelihood and logistic regression
- Poisson models and generalized linear models
- Survival analysis
- Resampling methods
- Longitudinal data analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 63 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Enrollment deadline 15 Mar, 30 Aug
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 17 other Short Courses in Data Science & Big Data in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enroll in this course, you need:
- A BSc degree
- Access to the program R
- Sufficient understanding of statistics and data analysis. Elevate courses offering this knowledge include Introduction to Statistics and Classical Methods in Data Analysis
- Sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1385 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1385 EUR for the full programme during 63 days.
EU/EEA1385 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1385 EUR for the full programme during 63 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.