Submerged Prehistoric Landscapes - Geneva Summer Schools from University of Geneva aims at educating postgraduate students and young scientists to move across the boundaries of marine geosciences and archaeology, in order to shed light on the interaction between our ancestors with the dynamically changing environment.
Students at Submerged Prehistoric Landscapes - Geneva Summer Schools from University of Geneva will:
- Learn about marine geophysical (multibeam, side scan sonar, sub bottom profiler), marine geological methodologies as well as data acquisition, post-processing and interpretation
- Understand paleoclimate and sea-level changes and their interaction with isostatic and tectonic vertical movements
- Link climate, sea level and environmental changes to the archaeology of people who lived on and migrated across the continental shelf
- Familiarize with key themes in coastal prehistory
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical courses
- Field Trip
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Motivation letter
- Reference letter (professor, employer...etc) (to be uploaded as a pdf or word document): the reference comes from a professional or academic acquaintance.
- Fill in the application form
- Language requirement
- be enrolled as a student in a university level academic institution, or have completed a university degree.
International693 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 693 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
National693 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 693 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
- Free full-board accommodation and 5 nights at Porto Cheli, shared rooms for 2-3 persons.
- CHF 950 - accommodation and 5 nights at Porto Cheli, private room.
Living costs for Genève
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.