On this The Complete Makeup Artist course from London College of Fashion you will learn the professional skills required to become an innovative and in-demand make-up artist in the creative world of fashion image-making. In addition to being taught the theory and practising your new skills, you'll record your work and build a portfolio during two studio photoshoots with a professional photographer and hair stylist - allowing you to demonstrate the skills learnt during the course and put them into practice. In addition to the course tutors, a teaching assistant will support your learning, and we will create a Facebook group for you to network with each other throughout.
FeaturesPrevious students have forged successful careers in the makeup industry and gone on to assist on teams for some of the biggest make up artists in the world, including Pat McGrath and Charlotte Tilbury for fashion week, and have been signed to various make up agencies in London. As this is a small group of students, there will be plenty of opportunity for one-to-one tutor advice on careers in the industry.You'll receive your own full set of brushes and a MAC Cosmetics makeup starter kit. Take a look at the 'materials' section for full details on the contents of the kit.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureTopics covered:
- Skincare, hygiene and preparation
- Selection of bases and skin finishes
- Corrective makeup
- Natural beauty makeup
- Bridal makeup
- Trends in fashion and beauty
- Corrective colour theory
- Strong advertorial makeup accentuating cheek bones, lips and contouring
- Decades in makeup: show girls, silver screen sirens and supermodels
- Who's who in the industry
- Editorial makeup: working on set / assisting
- Couture and ready-to-wear catwalk makeup
- Beauty and fantasy imagery for promotional impact
- Blocking out eyebrows and facial adornment
- HD make-up for TV, film, music promotions & commercials
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fashion Design View 103 other Short Courses in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Please bring the following items with you to each class:
- Your own mascara
- Makeup remover/cleanser, and moisturiser (as you will be expected to practise on each other)
- Notepad and pen
To Be Confirmed!
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.