Throughout the short course you look at tools, techniques and standards developed by professional organisations such as PMBOK but also explore what is used in your own organisation. This short course will help those new to project management to lead and/or contribute to projects more effectively.
You will learnAfter completing this Project Management online module at The Open University UK you should be able to:
- Define project management and articulate the role of the project manager
- Understand the factors that contribute to a successful project outcome and why a project may fail
- Have an awareness of different project management techniques and how they may be useful (more appropriate?) to your projects
- Identify areas of further personal development to enhance your skills as a project manager.
You are taken through the stages of a project and what is required at each stage:
- Defining a project
- Creating the business case
- Planning the project
- Implementation and control
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership View 62 other Short Courses in Project Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Although there are no formal academic requirements to study any of our CPD courses, you are expected to have some experience in the field and the course assumes a familiarity with the subject.
- You can register and begin at any time during the life of the course. You can study at your own pace and submit your work-based activity at any date before the final submission date for the course.
- Please note that depending on when you register, you will have at least 6 months to submit your work based activity. Information about your final submission date is available when you register for the course. If you feel 6 months may not be sufficient time for your study and submission, please contact us to discuss your study options, including current final submission date before you register.
International2075 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2075 GBP for the full programme
National2075 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2075 GBP for the full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.