Have you dreamt of designing a fashion collection but you're not sure where to start? This course will provide you with a full overview of the fashion design process and will help you understand how successful designers operate.
Through the live digital classroom, you’ll be guided through where to look for inspiration, how to conduct visual research and interpret visual references, and how to create mood boards that can be presented to clients. Following this, you’ll be introduced to the hands-on design processes from sketching, planning and executing your final design ideas with creative flair.
By the end of the Fashion Design - Online course from London College of Fashion you will have:
- Developed effective ways to use primary and secondary research
- Presented your initial ideas through mood boards and your sketchbook
- Explored the idea of thematic collections
- Illustrated design details and surface decoration
- Become familiar with the work of the world's best fashion designers
- Learned about the importance of branding, trend forecasting, and colour predictionsand how to incorporate them into your designs
- Designed and illustrated your own capsule collection as a line-up
- Gained an insight into how fashion designs become finished collections for the catwalk
- Received personalised feedback on your assignments from your tutor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- An overview of well known fashion designers' work
- Illustrating a unique fashion template
- Sketching design details and fusing design ideas
- Formulating your design ideas and the importance of the sketchbook
- Rendering different fabrics and fashion styles
- Learning the full research and design process
- Designing for a demographic
- Creating look books and mood boards
- Experimenting with silhouette and cut
- Exploring print, texture and surface decoration
- Trend forecasting, and colour, fabric, and textile print fashion predictions
- Fabric and colour combinations for capsule collections
- The process of fashion design drawings to catwalk - An overview
Start dates & application deadlines
Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 80 other Short Courses in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
- Course Specific Materials
- A4 plain paper
- A4 card (multi colours)
- Glue stick
- Colour materials such as pro-markers, wax crayons, coloured pencils
To Be Confirmed!
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.