For budding stylists keen to take their first steps in this popular fashion career path, this Fashion Media Styling Commercial course from London College of Fashion, looks at the variety of media styling options available to you, and the day-to-day working life of a stylist.
You will learn how and where to find inspiration, creating two complete looks that you will shoot on the last day together with a professional photographer, model and hair and make up artist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- How to present your aesthetic using key fashion phrases and terms
- Timeline of key moments in fashion history
- Background history of stylists and contextualisation of their role
- The roles of a stylist working today
- An in-depth look at commercial styling - lookbooks, advertisements and ecommerce
- How to interpret a style brief - understanding your audience and your client
- Making contacts - utilising fashion PRs and social media networks to generate work
- Pathways into styling - how to gain valuable work experience in the industry
- Sourcing research both online and in print - where to find it and how to file it
- Tools are needed in a styling kit and where to buy them
- How to work on a professional studio photoshoot directing a team which includes a professional model, photographer and hair and makeup artist.
Start dates & application deadlines
To Be Confirmed!
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Media Studies & Mass Media View 50 other Short Courses in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notebook and pen
- Please bring a laptop / smartphone or tablet
You should be prepared to bring/source clothes, materials and props for your shoot day.
To Be Confirmed!
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.