This Bra Pattern Cutting course from London College of Fashionis for students who would like to develop their pattern cutting skills in the specialised area of bras.
You’ll start by investigating different shapes and styles of bras, different cup seams, wires, and fabric types.We’ll demonstrate how to create patterns for bras, using methods such as modelling on the stand and drafting from given measurements. You will leave the course with 3 bra patterns of different styles.
These will include: a plunge underwired bra, balcony bra with cradle and a full cup bra. You will also be shown how to make a bra toile and how to fit the bra to the stand.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Different methods of pattern construction
- Pattern annotation, grain & stretch
- Seam types: vertical, diagonal, curved, horizontal & darted
- Introduction to bra fabrics and components
- Fabric suitability / testing stretch of fabric
Start dates & application deadlines
Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 91 other Short Courses in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- 28mm blade Rotary cutter with retractable blade (Olfa or Fiscars)
- Pattern master or Graders set square & French curve
- Paper shears for pattern cutting
- Tracing wheel
- Metric tape measure
- Fine pins
- Flexible ruler
- Air-erasable fabric marker pen
- 5mm propelling pencil with one of the following types of lead: 2H to 6H
- Designer tape
- Notepad and pen
To Be Confirmed!
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.