Designed for executives, consultants and other individuals involved with an organization’s operations, this collaborative learning experience will show you how to optimize your organization’s costs, quality, speed and customer service — all of which will make a significant impact on your bottom line. Frameworks for diagnosing, improving and designing effective processing systems will be explored through real-world case studies, group workshops and computer-simulation models.
Under the guidance of an esteemed faculty team, you will analyze the laws that govern operations, explore the Business Process Flows Framework and investigate the critical link between operational drivers and business strategies. These exercises will help you master and implement the practice of lean operations at your organization.
Key Benefits about the Lean Operations at the Northwestern University
- Linking the operational key performance indicators to the financial metrics and the operating system
- Customize policies according to your systems’ natural tendencies
- Analyze process flows to target improvement efforts
- Identify strategies for increasing throughput, shortening flow time, reducing variability and improving quality while managing risk and uncertainty
- Learn operations risk management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Strategic Role of Operations
- Strategic operations framework
- Defining improvement
The Business Process Flows Framework
- Analyzing process flows: basic operational measures
- Linking operational metrics with financial metrics
The Toyota Production System
- Diagnosing common
- Lean tools
- Making improvements and Kaizen
Basic Process Dynamics
- WIP, flow time, throughput relationships
- Little’s Law
- Internal benchmarking
- Analyzing bottlenecks
The Corrupting Influence of Variability and Uncertainty
- Mechanics of congestion
- Batching effects
- Buffering with WIP, capacity and service
Data Driven Operations and Risk
- Noise versus signal
- Risk assessment
- Controlling a process
- Risk management strategy
- High-level manufacturing or service managers who shape an organization’s operations
- Managers who want to improve existing operational systems
- Consultants and engineers who must justify the cost of improvement projects
- Production-control specialists
- Federal Government managers with oversight of institutional or organizational processes
- 7 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- START: April 13 at 8:30 AM; END: April 19 at 12:00 PM
DisciplinesProject Management Entrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership View 350 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International3750 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3750 USD for the full programme during 7 days.
National3750 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3750 USD for the full programme during 7 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.