You’ll gain practical insights from in-depth examination of the experiences of other leading companies and why certain strategies fail and others succeed.
As you work with fellow, likeminded participants, you’ll explore how best to apply those insights to build a solid foundation for your own profitability and growth. You’ll sharpen your analytic skills, learn how to capitalize on growth opportunities and avoid strategic mistakes. You’ll leave with a clear articulation of your organization’s competitive advantages and a powerful, long-term action plan for making the most of your competitive strengths.
During the Competitive Strategy - Creating and sustaining competitive advantage program at the Northwestern University you will:
- Develop and sharpen your analytic strategy skills
- Examine theories and frameworks for identifying and exploiting profitable opportunities
- Learn how to avoid strategic mistakes
- Gain valuable insight from the strategic successes and failures of respected firms and the issues they face looking forward
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Fundamentals of Competitive Strategy
- Learn analytical frameworks for strategy formulation
- Understand the economics of value creation and capture
External Environment Analysis
- Explore the market forces underlying industry profitability and firm performance
- Learn modern game-theory approaches for competing effectively with a small number of rivals
- Understand industry evolution and optimal responses to growth opportunities and shakeouts
- Identify winner-takes-all markets – a different battle
Internal Profitability Analysis
- Articulate and evaluate competitive advantage
- Assess the long-term sustainability of competitive advantage
- Develop resources and effective capabilities for strategic investments
- Capitalize on growth opportunities through strategic positioning and fit
- Mid-level to senior executives responsible for strategic planning, general management and acquisitions
- Managers of marketing, operations and other functional areas who aspire to take on strategy-focused responsibilities
- Cross-functional teams engaging in their strategic planning process
- 11 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- START: May 10 at 8:30 AM; END: May 20 at 12:00 PM
DisciplinesEconomics Entrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership View 350 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International7350 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7350 USD for the full programme during 11 days.
National7350 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7350 USD for the full programme during 11 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.