In the hands-on Leadership and Management in Core Facilities program at the Northwestern University, you’ll expand your knowledge and learn new approaches to leadership as you practice applying them to a challenge in your own organization. You’ll develop a team orientation that will enable you to engage your teams more effectively. You’ll leave this program with a deep understanding of your individual strengths and how to leverage them to meet difficult challenges and seize new opportunities.
Core Facilities Leaders will be able:
- Understand key management concepts including leadership, finance, pricing strategies, marketing and others
- Learn to think strategically about your facility and identify important concepts you can apply to build the organization, increase stability and enhance growth
- Build a network of peers and mentors to support continued professional growth and development
- Acquire new knowledge and skills for strengthening your organization’s capacity to meet the challenges of a changing competitive landscape
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The curriculum will address the unique challenges of operating in a University setting while applying business principles to ensure management success.
- Strong organizational culture
- Strengths-based leadership
- Team building
- Creating your value proposition
- Managerial accounting
- Marketing and consumer behavior
- Pricing strategies
- Creating market value
- Intellectual property and innovation
- Apply new learning from the program to a project within your facility
- Discuss the applications of the learning in small peer group sessions
- Present your project for review and analysis by faculty and industry experts
- Directors, managers and business administrators overseeing university or nonprofit core facilities
- 4 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- START: April 12 at 9:00 AM; END: April 22 at 12:50 PM
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership View 92 other Short Courses in Entrepreneurship in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International4500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 USD for the full programme during 4 days.
National4500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 USD for the full programme during 4 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.